|2:00 – 4:00 pm (Beijing),|
3:00-5:00 pm (Tokyo)
|Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic tests the fiscal resilience of most countries in the world, raising question on the current and post-COVID landscape of international development cooperation. While countries in East Asia are major players of development cooperation, they were one of the first hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and responded with various policy measures including the fiscal expenditures at the unprecedented scale for their people. Thus, the webinar aims to stock-take and share the latest stories of the bilateral development agencies in the North-East Asian countries on their responses to the pandemic.
Ms. XU Xiuli, Professor, Dean of College of International Development and Global Agriculture, China Agricultural University
Responding to COVID19 Pandemic – experiences of bilateral development cooperation in North-East Asia
- Mr. TIAN Lin, Director-General of Department of International Cooperation, China International Development Cooperation Agency (CIDCA)
- Ms. KIM Hyunwon, Director-General of Climate Crisis and Pandemic Response Department, Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)
Discussion: new landscape of post-COVID19 development cooperation of North-East Asian countries?
- Mr. LI Xiaoyun, Lead Chair Professor, China Agricultural University/Chair of China International Development Research Network (CIDRN)
- Mr. KWON Huck-ju, Professor, Seoul National University/ President of Korea Association of International Development and Cooperation (KAIDEC)
- Mr. YAMAGATA Tatsufumi, Professor, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University/ President of Japan Society for International Development (JASID)
- Ms Celia REYES, President of Philippine institute for development studies (PIDS)
- Ms. Marzia MONGIORGI-LORENZO, Head, Economics and Strategy Unit, PRC Resident Mission, East Asia Department, Asian Development Bank