Ganbold BAASANJAV, Head, UNESCAP East and North-East Asia Office
Huck Ju KWON, Professor, Seoul National University, and President of KAIDEC
|Perspectives of development cooperation agencies – how they helped countries in COVID19 responses and will help them to “build back better”?
The session invites panelists from development cooperation agencies/offices to share their current contribution in responding to COVID19 as well as their perspective on how they expect to help developing countries to “build back better” after COVID19.
- KIM Jiyoon, Director-General, Multilateral Cooperation and Humanitarian Assistance Department, KOICA
- SIDOROV Alexander Alexandrovich, Head of the Department for Interaction with the Constituent Entities, ROSSOTRUDNICHESTVO, and TARCHOKOVA Asiyat Arsenovna, Consultant, ROSSOTRUDNICHESTVO
- Sujata GUPTA, Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Division, East Asia Department, ADB
|(Q & A)
|International Cooperation to cope with COVID-19 and new landscape of development cooperation in post COVID-19
The session discusses how international cooperation (e.g., development cooperation, humanitarian assistance) in the North-East Asian countries helped in responding to COVID-19 and how it differs from the past practice of development cooperation and international cooperation, and what are the post-COVID19 landscape of development cooperation
- Tatsufumi YAMAGATA, Professor and Director, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, and President of JASID; and Hisahiro KONDOH, Professor, Saitama University
- Xiaoyun LI, Distinguished Professor, China Agricultural University, and Chair of CIDRN; and Chuanhong ZHANG, College of International Development and Global Agriculture, China Agricultural University, and CIDRN
|Q & A and open discussion